Where to get started

What is the best first step when it comes to creating a business in the cannabis industry?
The first place to start is to do a lot of research. Since you're on this site you're headed in the right direction. As you gather information, look for areas in the cannabis industry that are underserved. Once you've zeroed in on a niche that is well suited for your skill set, start talking to folks in the industry who may benefit from your product or service.
Distributing cannabis to health facilities is most beneficial
Christine Comatos - 07 September 2017 09:57 AM
The first place to start is to do a lot of research. Since you're on this site you're headed in the right direction. As you gather information, look for areas in the cannabis industry that are underserved. Once you've zeroed in on a niche that is well suited for your skill set, start talking to folks in the industry who may benefit from your product or service.

Do you know any guides about how to grow a plant for beginners?
My first step was doing a little research.

However, I am betting that you have already done that,

The next step for me was to register with my state as a grower and a processor. (application approval pending)

However, you may have done that already too.

My third step was to think of good domain names that I would want to establish my business ventures online.
This is very important and should not be overlooked or put on the back burner, because the best domain names (URLs) are being registered quickly and unless you want a very long domain name (harder for customers/clients to type and remember) then you need to act fast.

I registered a bunch to cover my bases, should my research and development take unexpected turns due ot barriers to entry or breakthroughs in new technologies, I may have went overboard on this though, so I have decided to sell some of the ones I registered.

Look at my other post for links to a complete list of the ones I have available.

There was a dot com that I wanted, but it cost $50,000, and anther one I wanted was $12,888.
Once they are registered by someone, then you are at their mercy if you want it for yourself.
My prices are not extremely high, because I am entering the iHemp market, not the domain reseller market.

My advice to everyone is to act fast for your domain name presence.
Best of luck to you all