Contribute to CannabisTech.com
Interested in sharing your knowledge and ideas with the CannabisTech community? We welcome your articles and blog posts! Here are few important notes:
- Please submit pitches and completed articles for consideration to [email protected].
- Submissions should range between 400 and 1000 words.
- Please submit as a Word document rather than a PDF. We encourage the use of in-line hyperlinks for acknowledging sources.
- If you seek compensation, please indicate this clearly in your pitch, and whether the article has been published elsewhere. Any payment must be agreed by the editor in advance.
- We are looking for freelancers to contribute on an ongoing basis. Please contact us about our compensation structure.
CannabisTech is the only cannabis media site exclusively devoted to B2B technology. We are interested in articles and videos that appeal to technologists in the cannabis industry. You may assume that your audience will be bright, experienced, and well informed. Our site is independent and we maintain that independence by rejecting proposals for blatant marketing pieces. With that in mind, here are a few guidelines for your article submission.
- Industry Articles are generally about 800 words.
- Topics can be of your choice. We encourage contributors to write about the news of the day and your personal observations and opinions on your field of expertise.
- Industry Articles must not have been published on any other site.
- We look for an independent voice that adds to the overall tone of our site. Humor is welcomed. Slang is discouraged.
- We encourage you to contribute pictures, tables, charts, diagrams, etc. that illustrate your topic. We reserve the right to change them to align with the general feel of our site.
- Please do not write about your company’s products and services. Disclose in the article if you have any financial relationship with companies you write about.
- Industry Articles will be reviewed for the appropriateness of content and copy edited by our copy desk before being posted by CannabisTech.
- Not all articles submitted to us will be posted; the technical content director will work with you as time permits. Company contributions are unpaid, but highly promoted.
- We have a standard agreement we ask contributors to sign. Its goal is to make sure what contributors write is original and we have rights to use and reuse it as needed.
- We strongly encourage company contributors to monitor the CannabisTech website, reply to comments on your own articles and actively comment on other articles. Your comments are your own, posted by you and will not be reviewed or copy edited.
- Pitch your article to [email protected]. Your pitch should include your company affiliations and bio.