Cannabis Science Takes Center Stage at 4/20 ConferenceConsidered the industry’s premier science event, focusing on analytical science, medical cannabis, cultivation, and psychedelics, the Cannabis Science Conference is coming to Portland, Oregon, April 19th – 21st.
The Cannabis Science Conference is an annual event bringing together scientists, researchers, and industry professionals from across the globe to discuss the latest advances in cannabis and psychedelic science. The event is scheduled for April 19th through the 21st at Center Building in Portland, Oregon.
Over the 3-day event, attendees will participate in various presentations, workshops, and networking events led by some of the most prominent experts in cannabis science and psychedelic research. Sharing their knowledge and insights, these prestigious presenters will discuss cannabis cultivation, extraction, and the latest findings in psilocybin, ketamine, and other psychedelic-assisted therapy.
The Cannabis Science Conference demonstrates the latest research and developments in psychedelic advances for cannabis, psilocybin, and others. Whether you are a scientist, researcher, or simply someone interested in learning more about cannabis and psychedelics without all the marketing hype, this conference is a must-attend event.
Cannabis Science Conference
While many conferences in the cannabis space often have a rockstar party atmosphere, the Cannabis Science Conference offers an educational agenda with workshops and professional networking events.
“We encourage those of all skill levels to attend Cannabis Science Conference to get an immersive window into the latest updates in analytical science, medical cannabis, cultivation, and psychedelics,” stated Megan L’Heureux, Group Editorial Director at Cannabis Science and Technology, Cannabis Patient Care, and Cannabis Science Conference.
“We’re very excited for our pre-conference event, Canna Boot Camp, where attendees will enjoy a full day of hands-on learning experience in Oregon’s premier compliance laboratory, ChemHistory. We hope to see you there to connect with thought leaders, leading scientists, and pioneer experts as we share the latest and greatest in scientific advancements!”
What to Expect at the Cannabis Science Conference
Based on information from the event website, this year’s Cannabis Science Conference proclaims several new features for 2023, including:
- Dedicated Program Chairs for analytical, medical, cultivation, and psychedelics
- Educational Steering Committee
- Expanded technical poster sessions
- Expanded Exhibit Hall
- 420 Networking Mixer
- Coffee breaks in the exhibit hall
As mentioned, the conference this year incorporates dedicated program co-chairs to assist with coordinating speakers and sessions; those roles are:
- Dr. Julie Kowaloski, JA Kowaloski Science Support LLC - ANALYTICAL
- Cherissa Jackson, RN, We Decode LLC - MEDICAL
- Dr. Zacariah Hildenbrand, University of Texas at El Paso - CULTIVATION
- Dr. Denise C. Vidot, University of Miami - PSYCHEDELICS
Additionally, this year’s Educational Steering Committee comprises a broad range of expertise and experience to help ensure quality content and agenda. Members include:
- Patricia Atkins, Spex, an Antylia Scientific Company
- Ann M. Brum, Joint Venture & Co.
- Alison Draisin PsyD, LMHC with AIMS Institute of Seattle
- Katherine M. Evans, Longboard Scientific Consulting Company
- Evan Friedmann, Scientific Cell Company
- Dr. Janice M Vaughn Knox, President of Pivital Holdings
- Nikki Lawley, Nikki, and the Plant, LLC.
- Jeff Lombardo PharmD, BCOP, Anja Biosciences, Charlotte’s Web, and University at Buffalo
- Anthony Macherone, Ph.D., Agilent
- John A. MacKay, Ph.D., Synergistic Technology Associates, LLC
- Otha Smith III, Tetragram
A Sampling of Speakers & Sessions
Attendees can expect world-class education, stellar networking opportunities, and a chance to connect with thought leaders, leading scientists, and pioneers in cutting-edge medical and commercial applications and industry suppliers. The conference provides attendees with a unique opportunity to learn about the latest developments in cannabis and psychedelic science and technology.
- Vaping Chemistry of Semi-Synthetic Cannabinoids: April 20th - 11:50 am-12:10 pm - Professor Strongin - Portland State University
- Cannabis, Psychedelics Use as Adjunctive Therapy in Treating Advanced Metastatic Breast Cancer: April 20th – 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Jaime Brambila, Grace Health & Wellness
- Cannabis Inflorescence Reveals High Pesticide Levels in Illicit Samples: April 20th – 3:00 pm – 3:20 pm, David Blais, Health Canada
- MDMA/Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy: The Path to Potential FDA Approval: April 21st – 9:00 am – 9:55 am, Dr. Sue Sisley, President, Scottsdale Research Institute & President/Founder, Field to Healed Foundation
- Panel Discussion: Quality Assurance and Safety in Cannabis, Psilocybin, and Hemp, April 21st – 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Speakers include Chris Dardella from Thompson Duke, Kelly O’Connor, and Jeremy Sackett from Columbia Laboratories, Rocco Iannapollo from Cannabis Kitchen Supplies and Kim Stuck from The Canna Consortium
The Cannabis Science Conference in Portland, Oregon, promises top-ranked speakers, cutting-edge exhibits, and unparalleled networking opportunities. This annual conference is a must-attend event for anyone interested in the latest innovations and breakthroughs in psychedelic therapies and commercial production. Don't miss the opportunity to learn, network, and participate in the psychedelic revolution.